Hello friends my name is Buddha and I am 7 months old. My owners surrendered me to the rescue so I could get more love and attention as they worked a lot. They had my mom and dad and they told Pug Rescue my my dad was a Jack Russel Terrier and my Mom was a Pure Pug so I guess that makes me a JUG!
I have a LOT of energy — my foster mom says I’m the energizer bunny and I love to run and play all day.
Yes, I am still a very young puppy but I am a good boy about only chewing on my toys and not the furniture. I love toys and my foster mom got me a whole toy basket full of them. I love to take them all out and try out each one. Did I mention I love toys !!!!
I get to go on several walks a day. I love walks and exploring. I am also learning my manners on the leash. My foster mom says several walks a day are a good way to help get all my silly puppy energy out. I get along with everyone I meet and I love dogs and cats.
I am the perfect combo of play and snuggle. I am crate trained and almost potty trained. Hey I’m a puppy so I’m still working on the potty thing, but I am trying very hard to learn what I need to to do let my people know when I need to go.
My foster mom says I am very smart and she has started to teach me some basic commands too. I need a home with another young dog so we can play. and play, and PLAY all day, and then cuddle with you at night.
My friends at Pug Rescue are getting me all caught up on my vaccines and medical exams so my new family will be all ready to shower me with love, toys, and snuggles.
Because I’m still young all puppy requirements will apply to anyone who wants to adopt me.
All of Pug Rescue of Florida’s puppies MUST go to a home with all of the following (no exceptions).
- No only-dog homes. Another dog playmate that can put up with a puppy is needed, since they are very playful and energetic.
- A fenced-in yard and no busy intersections nearby.
- No children under the age of 5.
- The forever family must not be gone long hours (not more than 4 at a time) as a puppy does need to be monitored, nurtured and potty trained.
- Either a history with puppies or a great track record with a current veterinarian. Puppies are young but can be more prone to accidents due to their active nature.
For anyone that doesn’t know how rescues work, please know that in addition to paying for the puppy’s medical expenses, ALL adoption fees help Pug Rescue of Florida pay for ONE of the 300 old and/or sick super awesome pugs we happily rescue every year, year in and year out.