Thank you for your interest in adopting a pug from Pug Rescue of Florida! We are excited that you are taking the time to consider one of our many pugs looking for their forever homes.
- Pay $10.00 adoption application processing fee via Paypal. Please open an account with Paypal if you do not have one already before you pay. Click on Pay Now button below to get started. Make sure you write down your receipt number when you make payment. You will need to input this number on the adoption application.
- Once payment is made, you will be directed to our online adoption application.
- Complete online adoption application, and click submit at the bottom of the form.
- Your adoption application will be forwarded to our volunteer in your area and you will be contacted within 7 days to begin the approval process.
If you are unable to complete our online application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Process: We are all volunteers. If for some reason you have not been contacted as soon as you wished, please do not think this is a reflection on your application, but a mere part of the process as our volunteers are all working as fast as we can across the state of Florida. You should hear from one of our volunteers within 7 days of submitting your online application. You will be contacted either by phone or email. If you do not hear from one of our volunteers within 7 days, please email email@example.com so we may follow up on the status of your application. We appreciate your patience.
You can expect the process to take up to 2 weeks (sometimes longer) from receipt of your application to the adoption of your dog, depending on the availability of pugs and whether or not a pug you are interested in is ready to be adopted (if on medical hold).
Available Pugs: You will find our available pugs by clicking here. All pugs, whether on medical hold or not, are available for adoption. This section of the site is a guide to help you in finding your perfect match. Please take the time to read each dogs profile, as this is the best way to know which particular pug is best for your home. If you do not see a match currently, please fill out an application, as we constantly get new pugs into our rescue.
Pug Puppies: We rarely have surrendered pug puppies. If a puppy does become available, all applications will be reviewed and the puppy will go to the home PROoF feels is best to take on such a handful. Thank you for understanding.
Adoption Application Review Process: All adoption applications are subject to acceptance based on a review process that includes a vet check, landlord check (if applicable), reference check, and a mandatory home check. All decisions on placing dogs in adoptive homes are based solely on the judgment of the volunteers and coordinators of PROoF.
Possible Reasons for a Denied Application:
1. A home that is not compatible for a rescue pug.
2. References (both vet and personal) that do not check out.
3. Other pets that may not be compatible with a rescue pug.
4. Small children that may be too active for a rescue pug.
5. Work hours of the adoptive parents.
6. Other reasons, as determined by the Adoption Committee.